This years World Cheese Awards were held in Bergen, Norway, as part of a new festival created to celebrate the Norwegian countryside, Matnasjonen Norge.
Held every year since 1988 the World Cheese Awards set out to establish recognition to outstanding cheeses produced around the world.
This year a record-breaking 3,500 cheeses were entered in the line up on November 2nd to be judged by a panel of over 230 experts all competing for the Bronze, Silver & Gold medals.
We are proud to mention some of our favourite local and international cheeses were selected for their outstanding quality with special mention to the following.
- Cypress Grove – Midnight Moon, Super Gold
- Cypress Grove – Lamb Chopper, Gold
- Carr Valley Cheese Co Inc – Snow White Goat Cheddar, Bronze
- Cashel Irish Farmhouse – Crozier Blue, Silver
- Cashel Irish Farmhouse – Cashel Blue, Bronze
- Beehive Cheese Company – Barely Buzzed, Bronze
- Lynher Dairies Cheese Company – Cornish Kern, Bronze
- Hampshire Cheese – Tunworth, Gold
- Berrys Creek Gourmet Cheese – Riverine Blue, Bronze
Check out the complete guide to who won below.