Made by Jean Perrin, near the village of Cleron high in the mountains of France-Comte, this small cheese is designed to be eaten from the box or baked in the oven, but we’ve discovered a new way to enjoy this delicious cheese.
Follow our quick and easy steps to turn you’re Fromager des Clarines into a hot, gooey cheesey Fondue.
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients 250g (1 wheel) Fromager des Clarines / 1 Clove Garlic / Pinch Fresh Rosemary or Thyme / Splash of White Wine or Brandy.
- Preheat ove (or barbecue) to 220 degrees.
- Unwrap the plastic covering from the cheese & leave the cheese (uncovered) in the wooden box.
- Stud the top of the cheese with slivers of Garlic
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs over the top of the cheese & add a splash of wine.
- Cover with foil & put in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serve with rustic bread, fresh vegetables or cured meats.