Our Privacy Commitment
What information do we collect?
Generally speaking, we collect personal information including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, driver’s licence numbers, credit card and bank account details, trade references and social media details.
How we collect information?
There are a number of ways in which we may collect your personal information, including but not limited to:
- Directly from you, for example when you complete a credit application, or other voluntary disclosures made by you to us from time to time;
- From the public domain; and
- From third parties including but not limited to credit reporting bodies and your authorised representatives, including lawyers, accountants and insurance brokers/providers. We understand that you may not wish to provide us with certain information, however this may mean that we are not able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
How we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including to:
- verify your identity;
- assess an application by you for credit;
- assess whether to accept a party as a guarantor;
- conduct relevant checks for credit worthiness and/or fraud;
- confirm that you have applied for credit and the amount applied for;
- exchange information with credit reporting bodies as to the status of any credit facility, both in respect of positive information (like payment information) and negative information (like defaults);
- exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of the credit facility where you are in default with other credit providers;
- assist you with enquiries or purchases;
- provide products and/or services to you, including all relevant information related to those goods/services;
- provide better or improved customer service;
- charge and bill you for products and services provided;
- collect any amounts that you may owe us;
- provide you with special offers you may find of interest;
- notify you of important changes to the functionality or content of our website, information on new or improved products and/ or services
- help us properly manage our website and the products and/or services we provide;
- where required or authorised by law.
How we may disclose or share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with a number of third parties, including but not limited to:
- your authorised representatives or advisers;
- credit reporting bodies (see below);
- our external advisors, including but not limited to accountants, lawyers, mercantile agents and insurance providers;
- where required or authorised by law;
- to any party
We may provide your personal information to credit reporting bodies from time to time in order to enable us to check and/or assess your credit worthiness. We may collect from or give to these credit reporting bodies credit information, which includes but is not limited to:
- particulars of your identity;
- the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount;
- the fact that you have applied to be a guarantor of a credit facility;
- the fact that we are a current credit provider to you;
- particulars of payments which have become overdue for a period of more than 60 days and for which collection has commenced;
- confirmation that payments are no longer overdue and/or that credit provided by us to you has been paid or otherwise discharged;
- that in our opinion, you have committed a serious credit infringement;
- publicly available information; and
- credit scores or risk assessments indicating an assessment of your credit worthiness.
We may disclose your credit information to various credit reporting bodies who may then provide that information to other credit providers in order to assist those credit providers to assess your credit worthiness. We may, from time to time, use or disclose your credit information for purposes including but not limited to:
- creating or modifying our internal credit worthiness assessment procedures;
- collecting the amounts you may owe us in relation to credit provided by us to you;
- assigning any debt owed by you to us;
- dealing with any complaints relating to the provision of credit and/or credit reporting;
- to exercise our rights in relation to any legal proceeding in any way related to the provision of credit by us to you.
Some of the credit reporting bodies to whom we may provide credit and other information include:
- Illion Australia Pty Ltd (formerly Dun and Bradstreet)
1300 734 806
PO Box 964 North Sydney NSW 2059
02 9278 7333
- Creditor Watch
The Privacy Officer, Creditor Watch Limited
GPO Box 276 Sydney NSW 2001
02 8188 2025